Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Voice Activated LED Photoset (Arduino, Bluetooth, Crafts)


I met the best suite mates in college - Kevin and Briton (and partner-in-crime, Abbie). Now, I'm off to the next stage of my life, so I decided to build this friendship photoset for Kevin and Briton to remember our golden era. We called ourselves: "The Suite Bros".
This project is actually an extension of the "Voice Activated Arduino (Bluetooth + Android) by ASCAS. I highly advise you guys to read his project first! ASCAS really simplified the fundamentals of the project down super well.
It's been a little more than a year since the last time (and the first time) I took Electronics at Pomona College and learned to use the Arduino. I thought ASCAS's project was fun and easy-to-learn. He has great project. Check him out when you can!
HOW PROJECT SUITE BROS WORKS
It's a DIY photoset that has LEDs inserted in the frame and in the back of photos that are activated by your voice commands via an Android's speech recognition app. The app is called "Android Meets Robots: Voice" by SimpleLabsIN. This app converts your voice commands to data strings and sends them to your Arduino via Bluetooth. You can build the photoset in any way you want. I just want to show you how I built mine in this Instructable.
PROJECT SUITE BROS VIDEO DEMO: